Monday, July 19, 2021

Hello Sweet Friend

 

Today I have another card for you. My card uses the Altenew Build a Flower Bearded Iris stamp and die set. This is the first time I've used one of their Build A Flower stamp and die sets. It is not perfect as you can tell by the cut off stem but I think it turned out good.

For my card I started with the stamping. When I bought this set I bought the Altenew recommended mini ink pads so that is what I used to stamp my image.  I started with some Versafine Clare  Nocturine Ink to stamp the outline of my iris. I then used the layering stamp set to stamp my image. Lining it up was a bit of a challenge because some of the highlighted for the layering was small and clear on the stamp set. Once I had my image stamped I used the coordinating die set to cut my Iris out.

Next I decided to mount my Iris onto some yellow Lawn Fawn Watercolor Wishes paper. I cut the pattern paper with a Spellbinder Oval dies. I then decided I wanted to mat that layer with some black cardstock. The next bigger size in the Spellbinders Oval die set wast bigger than I wanted. I then went searching through my stash to find something that would work. I found an oval die in a Memory Box Stitched Oval die that would work and cut that from the black cardstock and cut that out.

I then decided to run the yellow pattern paper with my die cutting machine with the Memory Box pinpoint leaf plate metal die. I love the look it gives to the pattern paper.

Now to assemble the card. I started with some heavy weight cardstock cut scored and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base. I adhered the yellow patterned paper to the black oval layer with some liquid adhesive. Next I adhered the Iris to the yellow pattern paper with liquid adhesive. I then adhered the  oval layers to my card base with some foam tape.

I then decided to white heat emboss my sentiment on some black cardstock. The sentiment is from the same stamp set as the Bearded Iris. I used a small oval die from the Hero Arts Infinity Oval Dies to cut my sentiment. It was adhered to the oval layer with some liquid adhesive. I added some Honeybee Stamps little purple hearts from the Ultra Violet Sequins Mix under the sentiment.

I love how this card turned out. My mom and I both love iris so I'm glad to have this stamp set. But I do have some practicing to do.

Thanks so much for visiting today. I hope you come back soon.

1 comment:

  1. Simple beauty!!!! Love it, and love all of your details - both written and on the card!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete