Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #179 - AG With the Option Something New


 As hard as it is to believe, it is January 2022! Wow, hard to believe another year has flown by. It also means it is time for a new challenge over at Let's Craft and Create. The challenge for January is Anything Goes with the Option Of Something New. I decided to make New Home card.

I found this cute pink house in Cricut Access. I brought it in to Design Space and I brought in a rounded corner square shape. I resized the white square to 4" X 5 1/4" by unlocking the keep  proportions lock. I then sized my house to fit on the white rectangle.  This left room for a sentiment at the bottom of the card. I typed out my sentiment using the text feature. Next came choosing a font. I filtered the Cricut fonts to Writing and tried several fonts and settled on using the Haley Font.  I then attached the sentiment to the rounded corner rectangle and set my Cricut Maker to work. After I got the house all put together and held it up to the white rectangle, I felt it was missing something. I decided it needed some grass across the front. So I went back to Access and searched for grass images. After scrolling through a few I found one I liked and added it to my canvas. I sized it to fit across the front of my house, but didn't like it going in front of the door, so I sliced out the middle of the grass so it would fit across the front of the house but not go over the door. Since I already had everything else cut out, I hid all my layers but the grass and cut that out and adhered it to the front of the house with some liquid adhesive. I then attached the house to my white card front. I added a piece of blue cardstock behind the white panel and attached to my card base. This was a quick and easy card to make.

Now it is your turn. Head on over to Let's Craft and Create and get your project entered. The challenge for January is Anything Goes with the Option Of Something New. We would love to see your projects.

Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate the visit. Feel free to leave me a comment, I love hearing from you. 

1 comment:

  1. Love the Haley font!!! Such a cute card!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete