Saturday, August 15, 2009

An Experiment



I just recently bought the Cricut Cartridge Lyrical Letters. I was amazed at all the extra stuff there is on the cartridge besides the 6 font styles. One of the designs I wanted to cut out was a lacy Christmas tree that is on the cartridge. I cut it out just using some scrap paper I had in peach. Once I cut it out I got out my craft mat and spread a bunch of the Ranger's distress ink in Pine Needle on my mat and lightly misted it. I then ran the tree through the ink to color it green. When I do this again, I will just sponge the ink onto the tree. With all the little twists and turns I had a difficult time getting it covered completely in ink. I decided I wanted to emboss the tree so once it was wet with ink I covered in embossing powder. All I had was a transparent powder Kaleidoscope in color, which gave it an iridescent look. I cut this one out at 5" and it is too big for a quarter-fold card front. I think if I cut it at 4" it should fit the front of a card. I have other ideas floating around in my head about this little tree and what I could do with it but wanted to share what I came up with. The picture above shows the tree before and after the inking and embossing and does do the embossing justice. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment