Sunday, September 20, 2009

My First Glass Etching Project!


I have been itching to try my hand at glass etching and finally gave it a try today. I used a 50% off coupon at Michaels last night and bought a bottle of the Amour Glass Etching cream. I also bought a small glass votive candle holder for .99 cents to I would have something to try etching. I used regular contact paper that I had on hand and cut a striped candy cane using my Sure Cuts A Lot software. I cut the candy cane at 2 inches tall. I used blue painters tape to transfer the design to my votive candle holder. I used a foam brush to apply the etching cream and let it set for about 20 minutes, rinsed it well and removed the contact paper. While it isn't perfect, I didn't have my contact paper tall enough so I had an opps at the top of the candy cane as well as some of the edges aren't as clean and crisp as I would like but over all for a first try I am pleased how it turned out. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment