Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Glitter Ornaments


Here are some photos of the glitter ornaments I made as gifts for some of my friends. I saw how to do this on the Christmas with the Cricut blog. To see their video and get instructions click here. Since I am a little bow and ribbon challenged I decided to dress up my ornaments with some snowflakes. I cut the snowflakes using some of the Cricut white vinyl. Most of the snowflakes were cut at 1 3/4" . I used snowflakes from the  Winter Woodland, Christmas Noel and Accent Essentials Cricut Cartridges. Once I had the snowflakes on the ornaments, I covered them with Glossy Accents and sprinkled them with some Martha Stewart fine crystal glitter. I allowed the snowflakes to dry for about 3 hours and then used a small paint brush to wipe off any excess glitter. I am very pleased how they turned out.


Here are close ups of a couple of the ornaments so you can see the glitter on the snowflakes better.  If I don't get the chance to post again before Christmas I just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Stay safe.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I really want to try these next year! I hope mine come out as nice as yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ornaments turned out great.

    ReplyDelete