Friday, March 19, 2010

Votive Candle Lantern

 I was at Joann's last week and picked up a project sheet that I liked that I wanted to try to create something similar with  my Cricut. I got the chance today. I created all of this on my Gypsy. I started with a square from Plantin Schoolbook cartridge and re-sized it so it was 12" X 3.5". I then took the scalloped border from Plantin school book sized it at 1" X 6" and then copied and pasted it again on my rectangle next to the first one and grouped all the images together and welded them together. I then took the circle again from Plantin Schoolbook and put 1/4" circles in each scallop. For the cutouts on the actual lantern I used some leaves from Storybook at 1 1/4" a flower from Accent Essentials cut at 3/4" and a tear drop from Sweet Treats which I think is actually the flame to a candle cut at 1/4". I used a small square glass candle holder I got from the dollar store and wrapped the cutout around it. I used some Scor-tape to secure the edges together. I didn't have one of those flameless candles so used a small tea light to take my picture but for safety sakes would use those flameless candles. I created the project for the 3 +1= Success Challenge on the Gypsy Chat thread on the Cricut MB.

6 comments:

  1. I keep thinking I am going to make some of the candle "shades" but still haven't done one! LOL
    Love yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so pretty. You can usually find the battery tea lights at dollar tree, two for a dollar. If you put them inside a velum cylinder, they look more like a pillar candle inside your paper light.

    ReplyDelete