Sunday, November 14, 2010

Cricut Cardz Challenge


Well, I have had a week this week that I never want to live through again. Things are very slowly turning around. For the first time in a week I felt like I could do some crafting if nothing else to take my mind off of our situation. The challenge this week over at Cricut Cardz Challenge was to make a Christmas card using the card feature from any cartridge and using any colors we want. Given that I wasn't feeling very creative but needed the diversion I decided to keep it simple.

The card I used was from the Winter Woodland cartridge. I cut the card at 5 1/2" and it is a square card. I used ivory card stock for my card base. For the patterned paper I used my Gypsy and the layer for the card, sized it down to about 5 1/4" and added a circle from which I sized just a little bigger than the circle of the card. That patterned paper is from a Cloud 9 multi seasonal paper pack. I also used the actual sleigh cuts from the cartridge and again used my gypsy to resize them as closely as I could to fit the cut on the card. For the snowy look behind the sleigh, I used some clear packing tape that I taped over the hole using some wide packing tape in the card and added some chunky glitter. To finish the inside of the card and to cover the tape I added an ivory mat and a mat of the patterned paper. I also added some red rhinestones to the holly leaves on the sleigh. My sentiment is from a Hero Arts clear stamp set.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the bright colors! The glitter really looks like snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card and it's just perfect for the challenge, thanks so much for joining with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soos soo pretty! I love that sleigh! Thanks for playing with us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love the packing tape idea (never would have thought about that).
    If you ever need a shoulder I have a pretty big one. Hope things get better.

    Precious Hugs
    OmaGloria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that Technique! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely card. Great tip on the packing tape. Thanks for playing with us at CCC. -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card. Just perfect in every way. So happy you could join us this week at CCC.

    ReplyDelete