Monday, February 28, 2011

Sweet 16 Birthday Card

20110227_9 My daughter turns 16 today and this is the card I made for her.  I decided I wanted to do something a little different for her card. I started with a piece of 4” X 12” hot pink card stock that I scored and folded at 4” and 8”. I used some aqua card stock to cut mats for each section of may card at 3 7/8” X 3 7/8”. I then used the stock square image on my Imagine and cut 5 squares at 4” that were flooded with different patterns from the Yummy cartridge and cut them down to 3 3/4” X 3 3/4”.  For the front I used a cupcake pattern from my Yummy cartridge. I also used a stock scalloped circle image included with the Imagine and flooded it with a light small polka dot pattern and print and cut it at 3 1/2”. I ran the scallop circle through the cuttlebug and embossed it with my swiss dots folder. I then sprayed the circle with some of my Honey Dew Glimmer Mist. I cut the cupcake using the layers feature at 3” and attached it to the scalloped circle with an Action Wobble.
20110227_14 For the inside I used the Happy Birthday patterned paper for each of the three panels. For the left hand panel I used one of the presents on the Yummy cartridge cut at 3”. I also used my new stickles. I used the Glam Pink to bling up the flourish on the package and some Lime Green that I had to bling up the dots on the ribbon. For the right hand panel I used the word Sweet cut at 1 1/2” from the Yummy cartridge and then used my Nursery Rhyme Cartridge to cut the 16  at 1 1/2”. I flooded the shadow of  numbers with a dark turquoise blue and the main layer with a pink from the Yummy cartridge. I used some Yellow stickles to bling up the S in sweet and the new Tropical Turquoise for the weet. I used the Glam Pink for the 16.
20110227_12 The image on the back of the Sweet 16 panel is of a  Party hat also from the Yummy Cartridge. I again used the Scallop stock image that I flooded with one of the pattern’s from the cartridge and cut it at 3 1/2”. I cut the party hat at 3”. I also used some Glam Pink stickles to bling up the pompom balls and the top of the party hat.  I really hope she likes the card.

9 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday to your daughter. Love your card. I am sure she did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that is SO pretty! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! Hope she has a great birthday!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job! I'm sure she loves it! Happy "Sweet 16" to your daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FANTASTIC card Deanna!!! Your daughter will love it, and I'm so glad you're able to celebrate her birthday with her!!!!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's it! I'm not visiting your blog anymore, if you keep making these too dang cute cards Deanna! ;)
    I love all the darling details in this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy, yummy, yummy! That looks like something good for my tummy. Congratulations to your daughter - #16 is special. I love your card Deanna - I adore the word cupcake and I love anything to do with cupcakes. Really cute card and the inside is fantastic! Tell Sheri that you are gonna miss her!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is so pretty Deanna!!! fabulous design!


    Welcome to the Queen's court over @ Paper Playtime!
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card...I'm sure that she will love it. I hope all is going well with her and she is happy, you too, :)

    ReplyDelete