Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Altered Notepad

A few weeks ago I came across this little notepad at Michael’s in the $1 bin. I new I wanted to do something with it and finally had a chance this afternoon. This is what I started with, I love the saying on it. 20110326_2 And this is what it looks like when I got done with it.20110327_3I cut a front and back cover out of some Bristol board. I cut the covers approximately 1/2” larger than the actually pad size. My covers were cut to 4 1/2” X 8 1/2”. The patterned paper is from a K & Company paper pack. I cut the patterned paper the same size as the cover. I adhered the patterned paper to the outsize and inside of the front cover.  I then punched the cover with my bind it all and bound it with a 1/2” size wire. I adhered the pad to the inside back cover with some scor tape. To finish the front cover I added a piece of lace from my stash and a flower to the lower corner. I cut the word Notes using the font from Once Upon a Princess and flooded it with a brown from the Nursery Tails Imagine cartridge. I used a piece of  shimmery cream card stock so the letters have a shimmer to them. It went together fast and I am very pleased how it turned out.