Sunday, March 13, 2011

Paper Playtimes Challenge

This week over at Paper Playtimes we were given 3 different challenges to choose from. The choices are, 1. use green and purple, 2. use pink and glitter, or 3. use a critter and a rhyme. I chose the third challenge for my first design team project. This third challenge is in honor of Dr. Seuss’s birthday. Horton Hears a Who was my inspiration for this card.  Here is what I came up with.
20110306_4 I started with a 5” X 7” pre-folded white card base. I topped that with a blue mat cut at 4 7/8” X 6 7/8”. I used my Imagine and the 8:10 proportional rectangle and flooded it with this pattern from the Better Together Imagine cartridge.  This pattern reminded me of the little wishes that Horton in Horton Hears a Who carried.  My elephant was cut at 3” and is from the Create a Critter Cricut cartridge. I used my imagine to flood each layer of the elephant with color. The top layer is filled with a blue swirly pattern. All the colors and patterns on this card are from the Better Together cartridge.  I added some bright yellow ribbon to my card and layered my little elephant together. The elephant is pop dotted to the card and I added some googly eyes and gave him a little hint of pink in his checks with some chalk. I added some faux stitching around the end of the card and sentiment and some doodle dots to the elephant.  I printed out my sentiment on the computer and used the RGB codes for my font color so it matched the dark blue on the elephants ears. The sentiment I chose was, “I meant what I said, I said what I meant, and elephant’s faithful one-hundred percent”. I thought that was a inspiring and would perfect to thank a friend for being there for you through thick or thin.
I had a lot of fun creating this card and hope you will hop on over to Paper Playtime Blog and play along with us.

10 comments:

  1. Cute! You are really making me want to get an imagine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card. Love the blue elephant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just tooooo cute!!!!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT Card. You really used your imagination on this one. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a GREAT DAY!!!
    Bob L.
    www.happycardmaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Deanna and this white dots really set that little guys off so perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love that book and my child does too! Super cute!
    Hugs
    Carley

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with this card. The elephant is simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so cute. Love the pattern you used for his body.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one happy elephant - and a blue one too - I had a good chuckle. I think I have read most of the Dr. Seuss books - they are wonderful and so creative. I think you are pretty creative too!
    Hugs
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!! TFS. Come and visit me on my blog for some Blog Candy!! It ends tomorrow!! Bug Hugs :D

    ReplyDelete