Sunday, March 20, 2011

Plant a Flower Day Card

20110320_5 Abby over at Scrapbookaholic by Abby is having a Pick Your Own Holiday challenge over on her blog. I picked March 12th, Plant a Flower Day.

My card is a 4 1/4” X 5 1/2” Kraft card stock base. I added a white mat sized to 4” X 5 1/4”. I then used my Imagine and the 1:2 proportional rectangle sized at 2.5” and my Hopscotch colors and patterns Imagine cartridge to create the sky and the green “grass” section of the cards. I cut these down to 1 7/8” X 5”. I added some olive green ribbon from my stash over the seam where the two papers met. For my flowers I used my Freshly Picked Cricut cartridge and colors from my faulty Audrey Imagine cartridge for the colors of the flowers and the planter box and from the Imagine More Cards cartridge for the green leaves of the flowers. I cut the tulips and the layers at 2.7”. I ran the pink layer of the planter box through my Cuttlebug. Not sure what the name of the embossing folder is but it has a wood grain texture to it which I thought added to the planter. I pop dotted the flowers to the card for some dimension to the card.  The sentiment I added is from The Greeting Farm Because of You sentiment I bought at Cutters Creek and says Everyone needs a Friend like you. Sorry it doesn’t show up better in the photo. Thanks for visiting.

11 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous Deanna!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is just fantastic!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute springy card!!! Love it! I've never heard of Plant a Flower Day, but you made the perfect card for a great day!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling your tulips look so real Deanna, great card !
    Thanks for playing this week with us at S.By Abby.
    Maria Elena S By Abby D.T
    http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and a great card. Love the tulips. You did an awesome job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute card! I love that you added the clouds on the background. Thanks for playing and good luck from Abby's design team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute!! I just love your card! Thanks for playing our first challenge with us over at Scrapbookaholic by Abby!!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Deanna - love that hot pink and the tulips are fantastic!
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! Thanks for playing along with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really gorgeous! I especially love the background paper choices - those checkers make the grass so much more fun :) Thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete