Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mother’s Day Card

 

20110430_19Here is a quick Mother’s Day card I made this afternoon using the All Wrapped Up Cricut Imagine cartridge. This is a card that is on the cartridge. The Imagine cartridges don’t have the typically creative features like the regular cricut cartridges do. I cut this card at 5 1/2” which gave me a wide of 8” so my finished card size is 4” X 5 1/2 and will fit in a regular A2 envelope. I left all the colors as they were in the book and used the layer feature to cut the images. I scored and folded the card base. Before adhering the blue scalloped layer I lightly sprayed it with some Electric Blue glimmer mist to give it some sparkle which doesn’t show up well in the photo. After it dried I adhered it to my card. I adhered the layers of the Babushka doll with pop dots except for the center of the flower under the scarf. To finish the card I used my white gel pen to add some faux stitching along the edge of the blue scallop mat. I also added some dark pink rhinestone flowers to the corners of the scallop and a dark pink rhinestone gem to the center of the flower. I stamped my sentiment Happy Mother’s Day in white pigment ink. I am really loving the bright colors on the All Wrapped Up Imagine cartridge. Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. Love this card Deanna! I really really love the colors!!!!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card. I'm with you. I'm loving the bright, vivid colors from this cartridge. The earlier Imagine cartridges have such muted colors, but this one is bold and wonderful. Thanks for playing along with us at Cricut Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, colors are very vibrant, great job, thanks so much for joining CCC.

    ReplyDelete