Saturday, May 14, 2011

Graduation Card

Here is a quick graduation card I made for my cousin’s son who is graduating this weekend from the University of Southern California.  My card base is 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” cream card stock scored at 4 1/4’ and folded to make a 4 1/4” X 5 1/2” card base. I added a red mat cut at 4” X 5 1/4” and then a cream mat cut at 3 3/4” X 5” and then added a piece of patterned graduation themed paper cut at 3 1/2” X  4 3/4”. I then used my Everyday Pop up Cartridge to cut the graduation cap. I cut all the layers at 2 1/2” I used cream for the shadow and darker red for the base layer. I cut everything with my Expression after laying it out on my Gypsy to help with sizing.  The red I used for the top layer of the cap is a shimmery paper from Recollections that was a scrap I had. I cut the tassel from a golden yellow and adhered it to the hat.  I then used my paper piercer to pierce a hole through all the layers of the hat and also the end of the tassel and added a small brass brad to the center of the cap. I then stamped my sentiment with some Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Dress ink on more white cardstock and then cut a rectangle around the sentiment. I added a red mat cut about 1/4” larger then the cream mat with the sentiment. The hat and sentiment are both adhered to the card base with foam tape.  Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. Love your card, especially the shimmery paper! TFS

    Tiffany - http://sparkledmemories.blogspot.com/
    tiffanymarierice@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Deanna!!!! I really like the shimmer paper!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete