Sunday, June 5, 2011

Father’s Day Card

20110605_12I made a Father’s Day card this afternoon without using my Cricut. I decided to challenge myself to do something a little different. I started with a 4 1/4” X 5 1/2” Kraft card stock card base. I cut a blue mat 4” X 5 1/4” and the patterned paper which is from a DCWV paper stack I bought last summer was cut at 3 3/4” X 5”. I then cut another blue mat 3” X 4 1/4”. I used a stamp I had in my stash and stamped it with some brown ink on a piece of smooth white card stock cut at 2 3/4” X 4”. I colored the palm trees with a green colored pencil. I then stamped the image again on a piece of golden yellow patterned paper and cut out the hammock and glued that to the hammock on the image and added a little shadow underneath the hammock.  I added a piece of ribbon and stamped Happy Father’s Day in brown ink and then added 3 lime green buttons that I attached with pop dots. It was a quick fun card to make. Thanks for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. How fun...and totally perfect for Father's Day Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors Deanna! It's a perfect card for Father's Day!!!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete