Saturday, January 21, 2012

Kiss Me! Card

I just received a couple of new Valentine Stamp sets from Mary at CardzTV. When I saw the Kiss Me! stamp I knew I had to do a frog card. Here is what I came up with.
I started with a piece of Kraft card stock, cut, scored, and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" portrait card. I added a pink mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and the patterned paper cut at 3 3/4" X 5". The polka dotted patterned paper is from a K & Company Valentine paper pack I bought last year. The frog is from Create-a-Critter and is found on page 24. I cut the frog and all his layers at 3 1/2". I also cut the heart from the Create-a-Critter cartridge and it is found under the Accessories on page 36 of the handbook. I cut the heart at 4 1/2". Once I assembled the frog I adhered him to the front of my card with some foam tape. I added cotton candy stickles to his cheeks and red stickles to his heart. I also used my white gel pen to add some faux stitching around the card and the frogs tummy and some doodle dots on the frog. I stamped my sentiment with some Cottage Ivy Memento Ink and added a couple of red buttons. I also added the googly eyes that my friend Lynn sent me. I love the little eyelashes on the eyes. Makes the frog look a bit flirty don't you think? Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Deanna! This is just so so cute!!!
    Love those flirty eyes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute card!!! i love this frog


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You make the cutest cards with the Create-a-Critter critters!!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frogs are just too precious, especially ones with hearts. Hope you will stop by and see my stick pin pictorial. Let me know what you think!

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete