Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Love You! Valentines Day Card.

Well for a lot of us the holiday decorations are put away and the kids have gone back to school. I had to go back to work today (bummer!) So it is time to start thinking about the next upcoming holiday, Valentines Day. It is also time to start using all those new crafting goodies you all got over the holidays. To help you out on both counts, I have this Valentines Day card to share with you all.
I started with a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" white card stock base. I added a black mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and then one more white mat cut at 3 3/4" X 5" and finally a patterned paper from the My Minds Eye Sunshine 6" X 6" Paper pad. I inked the edges of all the mat layers with some Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. For the image on my card, I used the Paper Trimmings cartridge (a circle exclusive sorry). I cut both layers at 3 1/2" and cut the bottom layer from white card stock and the open top layer from red card stock. Using the same cartridge I cut a circle at 2 1/2" out of black card stock. The Love sentiment is from the Tie the Knot cartridge (which I believe Cutters Creek customer service can special order for you, just ask) and cut at 2". Now to glitz up the card I a bit I sprayed the white background of the heart frame image and the Love with Pearl Glimmer Mist. Pearl is still one of my favorite colors and a great color for those just getting started with Glimmer Mist. It is a wonderful way to has simmer and shine and a glittery look to something without having to break out the glitter and glue. For my black circle I first spritz the black with some Slate Glimmer Mist. Then I used some Oil Slick Glimmer Glaze (this is a special order item again, just ask Customer Service at the Cutters Creek site for help). I am so pleased with the effect I got from the glaze on the circle. It really darkened the color and left the circle with this nice shiny glaze to it.  I strongly urge you all to give the glaze a try sometime. Now for the red layer on the heart frame and the heart from the sentiment. To be honest I first spritzed both of them with some Rum Punch Glimmer Mist. While I loved the sparkle it was really just a tad to light and didn't give me the affect I was looking for. So what to do? I took out my Bordeaux Glimmer Glam (another special order item from Cutters Creek) and brush on a couple of coats of it on my two red pieces. Love the look and depth of color I got. One more fun way to add shimmer and shine to a project. I layered all the images together and after adding a piece of red ribbon for color to my card front adhered the heart frame image with some ASI Kool Tak Clear Foam Pads. To finish the card I added some red rhinestones from Want2Scrap and some smaller white pearls from my stash.

3 comments:

  1. Love this card Deanna! Love love love the colors!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZERS!!!!! This is fabulous!! Awesomeness for sure!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete