Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hello Card

First I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Easter. I hope you are enjoying your day whether you celebrate Easter or not. I had a bit of a chance to make a card late yesterday and am finally getting it posted.
I have a white card stock base cut and folded to 4 1/4" X 5 1/2". I added a yellow mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4" from some Core'denations card stock. My patterend paper is from Echo Park Happy Days 6" X 6" paper pad. My striped piece is cut at 5" X 3 3/4". The polka dot piece is cut at 1 1/2" X 5". I added some blue polka dotted ribbon as well.  The telephone is from the Nifty Fifties cartridge and was cut at 5" I did not cut the first layer which is a background layer. I added some faux stitching to the phone with my white gel pen and then I added some glossy accents to the center of the phone dial. I don't know about you but I remember phones like this and they had a clear plastic piece in the center of the dial. I stamped my Hello with some Yellow Memento ink on a scrap of white card stock and then matted it with some yellow. I attached the phone to the card front with some foam dots.


3 comments:

  1. cute card! I remember phones like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! I too remember phones like this!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy Garrelts

    ReplyDelete