Friday, July 27, 2012

Wedding Card

A friend at work asked me if I could make her a card to take to a wedding she is going to in a couple of weeks. This is what I came up with.

I cut my card base using the Sophie cartridge at 5 1/2".  I used my Gypsy to hide the cut out that was on the front of the card. I then cut the layer at 5 1/4" so it was just a little smaller than my card base. My card base once folded measures 5 1/2" X 4 1/2" so it will fit in some invitation envelopes I picked up at Walmart awhile back. I embossed this layer with the three dots folder I have from Sizzix. I added this layer to the card front with some foam tape. I spritzed this layer and my white bride and groom with some Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist which gave it a light gold shimmer.

I cut my bride and groom from white cardstock at 3 1/2" and the shadow out of black and adhered them together. I adhered the bride and groom to the card front with some foam tape as well. I then used some White Liquid Pearls to add pearls to the back of the dress, the brides hair and to the scallops on the card. Finally I stamped my sentiment with a CardzTV stamp and adhered that to the card front with some foam tape as well and then added a sheer white ribbon tied in bow to the fold of the card.

I am entering this card in the challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut where the challenge is to make a Wedding or Anniversary card. And I am entering it in the CardzTV Design Team challenge which is anything goes.

21 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card!!! Jennifer CTVS DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning! I love the embossing and the cutouts. Just so classic looking. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with he previous comments. Beautiful, Gorgeous and Stunning. Love it.

    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very classy with the scalloped edges and embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz TV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always been a fan of black and white cards and the white on white like you did on the card and wedding dress. It is just stunning Deanna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love your use of pearls!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deanna your card is gorgeous. I love how you added the pearls to the back of the bride's dress. Just gorgeous. Hugs, Fran

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deana, this is gorgeous, I love all the detail, perfect! Thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, love the pearls on the brides dress. Thanks for participating in the CTVS anything goes challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful Wedding card! Love the pearls you added-- mine never look as nice as yours do! Thanks for creating with us at Cardz TV!

    Sarah :)
    Cardz TV DT
    http://sarahvaitstamps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Deanna!!! This is most beautiful!!! I so so love it!!! From the shape, to the couple, to the embossing and that fabulous sentiment!! Thank you so very much for joining our challenge at Cardz TV!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Card
    Thank you for joining us over at Cardz TV
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. This wedding card is so elegant and stunning! You did a great job with it, thanks for playing along with us at CardzTV!

    Hugs,
    Jo-CTVS-DT
    www.jwscrapshack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty!Thanks for joining us at FCCB.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful card. I love everything about it. Great job! Thank you for joining us at CardzTV Stamps "Anything Goes" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Cardz TV Stamps Design Team Challenge! :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super Pretty!
    Thanks for sharing with us at
    Cardz Tv Stamps.
    Essentially Yours,
    DeNetra

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sure your friend will be floored. What an absolutely beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete