Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Stockings Were Hung...

I  have a quick and easy card Christmas card today. It is not too early to start on yours as well. I started with a white card stock base scored and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base. I added a dark green mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and then my patterned paper mat cut at 3 3/4" X 5". My patterned paper is from the Echo Park Holly Jolly 6"x 6" paper pad. I then cut a red mat at 4 3/4" X 3 1/2". I ran that through my eBosser (love this great machine!) and embossed all but the last inch or so of the paper using the Tiny Mosaic Cuttlebug embossing folder. I then used a sponge dauber to sponge Black Soot and Fired Brick distress ink randomly over my "bricks". My stocking was cut from the Tis the Season cricut cartridge at 3". Again this paper is from the Echo Park Holly Jolly 6"x 6" paper pad. My sentiment was embossed using the WOW! Tea Garden Green embossing powder.  I attached my stocking to the front of the card with some foam tape and added an adhesive nail head from my stash. 

1 comment:

  1. Wowzer, I can't believe how you made that Cuttlebug folder look like bricks!!!! Fantastic card!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete