Friday, February 22, 2013

Lin and Lene Designs Dies

I ordered a couple of adorable dies by Lin and Lene Designs and they came yesterday. This card is what I made with one set of the dies.

Want to see them? Here you go.



Now on to my card.  I started with a kraft card stock card base cut and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card. I added a white mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and then the blue gingham mat (from a My Minds Eye paper pad) cut at 3 3/4" X 5".  I used a black fine tip marker to add some faux stitching lines around the white mat of my card.

Using my eBosser I cut and embossed the two dogs from the set. These dies are stencil dies so once they were cut and embossed I used some black soot Distress Ink to ink over the openings in the dies to add some color. I also used a turquoise colored marker to add the blue color to the one dog. This was actually pretty quick and easy to do. I added them to my card front with some foam tape. I then cut a conversation bubble using my Silhouette Cameo and stamped my sentiment in it. I used my black marker to add some doodle lines to the conversation bubble and adhered it straight down to my card with my ATG gun. To finish the card I added 3 small black buttons to the lower right hand corner. I made this card for male co-worker who has a birthday in about 10 days. 

I had hoped to have the kitties done too today but my little helper has been a tad hyper, but shhhh... he is asleep right now.

7 comments:

  1. Super cute card Deanna! : ) Those dies are really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card! These dies are adorable! we may have to get Kim to stock them.
    You do a wonderful job of explaining all the steps in the process of making your projects. It's really helpful. Born teacher I think!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are just the cutest thing!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable Deanna!! These dies are great! Love love love your card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I love those little dogs... Great job on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute card! Love the dies!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete