Sunday, April 7, 2013

Another Birthday Card

I was watching some youtube videos yesterday and saw a project that someone did using a white card base and a white mat with just a little bit of color added as embellishments. I wanted to try making my own version of that card and this is what I came up with. My card base is white card stock cut and scored to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base. My card is a portrait card, I cut a white card stock mat 4" X 4" and ran it through my eBosser and embossed it with the Script Texture Cuttlebug embossing folder. I love my eBosser, it does such a wonderful job embossing and die cutting and I love that it is all electric, no cranking to help my white mat stand out from the white card base a bit I laid it on a piece of paper and using my Cool Gray 1 Copic Marker I traced around the outside edge of the mat using the brush tip. This applied a faint line of the light gray marker around the outside edge. I used my Scotch Quick Dry adhesive to adhere my mat to my card base. Now for my pop of color. I wanted to add a flower to my card and found this one in the Silhouette store. I used the print and cut feature to color it and cut it out. The center of the flower was originally a heart which I didn't want, so I cut a small circle instead. Again, I adhered my layers together with Scotch Quick Dry adhesive. I added my flower to my card front with some Kool-Tak Clear foam adhesives. To finish my flower I used my Buttercup Liquid Pearls to add some tiny pearls around the outer edge of my green flower center. That is what I love about Liquid Pearls, I always have the right color and size of pearl I want because I can make whatever size I need. Finally I added a White Opal pearl using Liquid Pearls again, in each corner of my mat to help anchor it. My sentiment is stamped in Rose Bud Memento ink. This was a super quick card to put together but I am really happy how it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely stunning!! You are making me want yet another die cutting machine! I really love this...colors are perfect and all the detail makes it all come together. Just stunning!
    Sue B

    ReplyDelete