Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hello Sunshine!

We have had some awesome weather the last few days and it just seemed like a good idea to make a card that  celebrated our sunshine. For my card I made a circle easel card. It was a fun a quick card to put together. The card base and all the pieces but the bee were made using dies and my eBosser. I used a Scalloped Spellbinder Die to make my card base, the front and the little part on the inside of the card so it would stand up. I also used a set of circle dies that Kim special ordered for me. Here are pictures of the die sets I used.
I started with a piece of  white card stock that I cut and score to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base. I then took my Scalloped Spellbinder Dies and using the biggest die in the set I cut the die shape out of my folded card base, being careful to place the die about a 1/2" above the fold line on my card base. This created the hinge in my card and gave me the scalloped circle card. I then cut the largest die again out of a second piece of white paper so I had a complete scallop. I took my scalloped card base and scored it down the middle so I could fold it in half. I also scored it at 2" from the top of one of the scallops.  Here is a picture of the inside of the card so you can see the score lines.
Next I the circle die set the Kim special ordered for me. I cut the largest of the circle out of black. I cut the next size circle out of some patterned paper from the Echo Park Country Drive paper pad. (The store is currently out of stock but if you are interested in the paper pad please contact Kim through the Customer Service link in the store.) Once I had adhered the different layers to the single scallop which would serve as my card front I attached it to my card base. I used my Scotch Quick Dry adhesive to put all my pieces and layers together. While the glue does dry quickly you still have a few seconds to move your layers around to be sure they like up properly. This is one of my favorite adhesives and I use it on almost all my projects.
The honeycombed pattern paper is actually the reverse side of the  blue bee paper. To get these layers, I used the scalloped dies starting with the largest and going one step down for each layer. I cut the base layer in white, the next layer in black and the final layer out of the honeycombed patterned paper. When I cut these I cut only half of the die out. Once I had them all cut I trimmed them down so I could layer them. The white layer is approximately 2", the black layer is approximately 1 3/4" and the patterned paper layer is approximately 1 1/2". I stamped my sentiment with some Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The Memento ink is my go to ink and I strongly recommend it. Now for my little bee! He was cut at 2 1/2" from the Create A Critter cartridge. This is one of my favorite cartridges and Kim can special order it for you. I cut the base layer out of black, the second layer out of the yellow and the wing layer out of some heavy tracing paper that my DH gave me from his work. For the wings, I wanted a bit of sparkle to them so I used some Butterscotch Glimmer Glam to the wings to give them some sparkle. I added the bee to my card front with some foam tape and added some Black Stickles to the ends of the antennas. I sure hope you have enjoyed my card. I would love to hear what you think.

9 comments:

  1. Buzzing by to say your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deanna,

    What a CUTE card!!! :) I love it! Thank you so much for providing so much detail. I would love to try making an easel card with a unique shape.

    Crafty hugs,

    Jennifer
    partridgelu at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! Thanks for the great circle easel tutorial!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is cute, cute, cute!... and so bright and cheery too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card! Love the little bee!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card too cute
    fasloan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable card Deanna!

    ReplyDelete