Thursday, November 14, 2013

Rosette Thanksgiving Wreath

I wanted to make a Thanksgiving Wreath for my house but wanted something a little different.  So, I decided to make a Rosette Wreath!  I love how it turned out. For my wreath, I started with six sheets of 8 1/2" X 11" card stock. I chose to use two different colors for my rosette wreath. Using my Scoreboard I scored on the paper every 3/4" of an inch on the 11" inch side. Once I had all my paper scored, I folded it accordion style. To adhere my rosette together I used some 1/2" Kool-Tak. It is very similar to scor-tape. I then cut two 6" circles and hot glued them to the front and back of the rosette to hold it in place. My turkey is from the Silhouette Store and was cut using my Cameo and some brown card stock. I used the offset feature in the Design software to create a shadow for my turkey and cut that out of some light rusty orange paper. I sprayed the brown layer of my turkey with some Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist. My letters were cut from the A Child's Year Cricut Cartridge at 4". I cut these out of the same card stock as the turkey's shadow. I applied some Glossy Glue and Seal to each letter and sprinkled them with some of the Rusty Hinge Distress Glitter. The distress glitter is a special order item, so just ask if you want some. I finished the wreath with a bow at the bottom. I made a loop out of the ribbon and hot glued it to the top of the wreath so I could hang it. The wreath actually went together really quickly so this is something you could put together for just about any occasion. You could also use patterned paper for an entirely different look. I thought these colors just gave the appearance of the turkey's tail all fanned out. Let me know what you think, I would love it if you left me a comment.

1 comment: