Sunday, January 19, 2014

Box Card

Today I have a unique card for you. I call it a Box Card. I first saw this card here. There is a link on the blog to a YouTube video tutorial. Isn't this just the cutest thing ever??? To make the card, I started with a piece of Kraft card stock cut to 8 1/4" X 9". On the 9" side score your card stock at 2 1/8", 4 1/4" 6 3/8" and 8 1/2". Then turn the card stock so are scoring on the 8 1/4" side and score your card stock at 2 3/4". With the 2 3/4" score line to your left you want to cut your card stock to 6". From the piece you just cut off, you want to cut a piece that is 3 1/8" wide, then cut that piece in half lengthwise. From there it gets a bit tricky. Still an easy card, but I would suggest you watch this tutorial video. This helps explain where to cut the card stock and how to assemble the box part of the card.

 Back panel (does not get folded) red base mat is  5 7/8" X 8" and the white mat is 5 3/4" X 1 7/8". I stamped the white mat with my sentiment using Love Letters Memento ink. The heart flowers were cut using my Silhouette. I used Glossy Accents on the two heart flowers and covered the smaller on in Picked Raspberry Distress Glitter and the larger on with Festive Berries Distress Glitter. The Distress Glitters are a special order item just ask. To cover the bottom panels cut your red mats at 2" X 3 1/8" and the patterned paper at 1 7/8" X 3". To cover the top panels cut your red mats at 2" X 2 5/8" and your patterned paper at 1 7/8" X 2 1/2".

Then decorate and embellish as you wish. I used some print and cut images cut with my Silhouette. I used the Spica Red Glitter pen to add some sparkle to my Bear Lady Bug's antenna's and to the word love on my word label. I used the Blossom Spica Pen to add sparkle to the words Never Ends. My lady bug bear is attached to the back panel with an Action Wobble. I used my Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive and ATG gun to put the card together. Now so you can see all sides of my card, I have a quick video for you.

4 comments:

  1. I just love your darling little card box and would love to make my grandkids and my 90 year old dad one (he would really get a kick out of it)! Thank you for the link to it.
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cards! I made a flower one for my sister's birthday! I love using embellishments to decorate. Your back is super cute! and I love the papers that you chose too.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too darn cute!! I LOVE It!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete