Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Celebrate Spring

A friend of mine ordered several of the new Memory Box stencils by mistake thinking they were dies. When she got them she had no idea what to do with them. I told her how I would use one so she told me to take it home and make something with it and bring it to show her. So this is what I came up with.
The stencil set was called Garden Birch Trees. Cutters Creek can now order Memory Box items so ask if you would like to order this. I started with a white piece of card stock and used some Washi Tape to tape the stencil to my paper. I used my Foam blending tool and some Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Ink to create my sky. I then used Shabby Shutters and Mowed Lawn to create the grass on my card. When I removed the die I had these great white Birch Trees. The next step was to figure out what to add to the card. I used a stamp with a bird on a branch from Hero Arts and stamped it with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. I then used a small bird stamp and stamped it up into the trees using Broken China. Finally I add a small butterfly that I stamped in Mustard Seed Distress ink. I used my Lemon Spica pen to add some glitter to the butterfly. My sentiment was stamped with Broken China Distress Ink as well.

2 comments:

  1. OMG, this is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!! Outstanding! Love it!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing...thx for sharing your color combos too.

    ReplyDelete