Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Father's Day Card

Father's Day is fast approaching so today I have for you a fun Father's Day card.  I found these ties in the Silhouette store that had the alphabet cut into them.  You can make the same card with your Cricut using the Simply Charmed cartridge. This cartridge has a tie image that you can cut. Then use your favorite font cartridge to cut the letters. This font reminds me a bit of the font on Birthday Bash. Need a cartridge, just contact Kim and she can special order you one. My card base is Kraft card stock cut and scored to give me a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base. I added a white mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and the patterned paper mat cut at 3 3/4" X5". I inked the edges of the two mats and the ties with some Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink. I cut my ties twice, Once out of white card stock with the letter. Then I cut the patterned paper tie. Both of these were cut at 1.15" X 3". I adhered the tie layers together than added the knot. I used a black gel pen to add some stitching to my ties. I then adhered them to my card with some foam squares. To finish the card I added some copper colored mosaic squares to each corner of the card.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable!!!!!!!!! I love your paper choices and the hand stitching marks are perfect!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO adorable!!! I love it!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete