Thursday, August 27, 2015

Frankly Frightful


Where do you get your inspiration from? I find it all around me.Like this card.  I was just scrolling through some of the images in Cricut Design Space and came across this image.  It just said Easel Card to me so that is what I made.  When I find inspiration like this I can't wait to get started on my project.


For this Easel Card I started with two pieces of Kraft card stock. One piece I cut to 4 1/4" X 11.  I then scored this piece at 2 1/4" and 5 1/2".  I cut a second piece of card stock at 4 1/4" X 5 1/2".  This piece became my card front.

Next I cut a black border at 4 1/8" X 5 3/8".  My pattern paper is from an Echo Park paper pad that I have had for a couple years.  I found this piece with the big moon and a black scary tree with ravens in it and bats flying.  I cut the paper at 4" X 5 1/4" and adhered it together.  Next I added some yellow card stock behind the windows so it looked like there was a light on in the house.  I then adhered the house to my card front and used some yellow stickles in the windows.  Once the stickles dried I used a dauber and some black soot distress ink to go over the yellow to dull it down a bit.  The pumpkins that I adhered to the porch of the house are from the Jolly Jack O Lantern Memory Box die.  I adhered the house to my card front using some foam tape.

I then added my little stop to the inside of the card.  It is stamped with Frankly Frightful from the Cardz TV stamp set with the same name.  I added the remaining two pumpkins to the left side of the easel stop and stamped my sentiment on the right hand side.

I hope you enjoyed my card. Come back and visit again soon.

3 comments: