Thursday, April 14, 2016

April Showers Bring May Flowers

It is time for another inspirational post for 2 Creative Chicks.  This is what I have for you.

I started with a dark turquoise card base cut and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card. Next I added a black mat cut at 4" X 5 1/4" and then the patterned paper cut at 3 3/4" X 5".  The umbrella patterned paper is from an Echo Park.

I stamped the umbrella onto watercolor paper and colored it with Spectrum Noir Aqua Pencils.  I scanned the image into my Brother Cut and Scan and had it fussy cut the image for me.  I then ran some black and turquoise paper through my big shot and used the stitched square dies from Memory Box to cut a shadow and a base mat for the umbrella.

Next I cut the flowers out using my Cricut Explore machine and using the stitched rectangle dies from Memory Box to cut a mat and shadow for my flowers.  Finally I stamped by sentiment using a stamp set from my Creative Time. The sentiment reads: April showers bring May flowers.

I hope you will join the challenge this month and let us see what you make.



Challenge #9
Starts April 1, 2016
Ends April 30, 2016
Click HERE to link up!

7 comments:

  1. Love this card! The paper choices are perfect with your images!!!!! I need to get some of those stitched dies!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card!! So pretty!
    Have a blessed day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, great design.

    Sue
    http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and so appropriate for here in the UK at the moment!

    ReplyDelete