Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Let's Craft and Create May Challenge #171


 

It is time for a new challenge over at Let's Craft and Create.  The theme for this month's challenge is Anything Goes with the option of No Patterned Paper. I knew right away I wanted to use this Anna Griffin Matelasse embossing folder. It is one of my favorites.

For my card base I started with some heavy weight white card stock that was cut, scored and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base. I then used a My Favorite Things Inside & Out Diagonal Stitched Rectangle die to cut another piece of white card stock. It measures 4" x 5 1/4". I then embossed that piece of card stock the Anna Griffin Matelasse embossing folder.

My image is done using the Simon Says Stamp Sketch Iris stamp and dies. I first stamped the outline image using some Versafine Onyx Black ink. I then stamped the flower layers using some Hero Arts Passion Flower ink.

The leaves were stamped using two colors of ink. I first stamped them using Hero Arts Moss ink, but I felt it was to dark. Since it was the first time I used these stamps I didn't get a good impression. So I decided to stamp it again using a lighter ink. I used Hero Arts Green Apple ink. I liked the result much better.

There are not stamps to color in the stems of the flowers and I didn't like them being white. so I took my Mid Green and May Green Zig Clean Color brush markers and very carefully filled them in. I started laying down some of the darker color which was Mid Green. I then went over it with the May Green. I thought they matched the leaves fairly well. I then die cut the image out using the coordinating dies.

Before I assembled the card I sprayed the embossed panel with some shimmer spray. I could not get it to show in the photos. I adhered the emboss panel to my card base using some liquid glue. I attached the Iris to the embossed panel using some foam tape. I stamped and embossed my sentiment on black card stock using Versamark Clear Embossing ink and some Simon Says Stamp Detail White Embossing powder. I melted the embossing powder using my heat gun and die cut it out with a stitched circle die from my stash. The sentiment was popped up using foam tape as well.  To finish the card I added some light purple gems.

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to head over to Let's Craft and Create and play along with us.


 


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! I love the colors you chose, and setting the flowers on top of the embossed paper is perfect! Thanks for the reminder to use embossing folders!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete