Tuesday, April 23, 2024

BYSH Cardmakers Spring into Christmas Linky Party Day 5

 


Today's card for Day 5 of the BYSH Cardmakers Spring into Christmas Linky Party features products from two of our sponsors, Lawn Fawn and cardstock from Gina K Designs.

My cardbase is a heavyweight blue cardstock from Gina K Designs. I scored and folded it to make an A2 cardbase. I used the Winter Wonderland Window dies and die cut them out with some white glitter cardstock. I then used just the arch die in the set to cut a piece of the English Breakfast pattern paper from the Favorite Flannel 6" X 6" paper pad to behind my window.

Next, I stamped my images from the Winter Birds stamp set with some Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder onto some Bristol Smooth cardstock. I colored my images with my Zig Real Brush Markers. Once my images were dry, I cut them out with the matching dies. For the snow on the tree branch I used some Shimmering Ice Acrylic Structure Gel from Kat Scrappiness. It gave it a nice shimmery look. 

To put my scene together, I added some liquid adhesive to the back of the pattern paper I adhered it to my card base. I then added some thin foam strips to the back of my window. Before adhering down my window, I glued my tree branch down because I knew I wanted it tucked behind the window. I then added my window. I then adhered my bird to the nest and added him to the end of the branch with some thin foam squares and liquid adhesive. Next, I added the snow to the branch, also with liquid adhesive, then added the bird with a thin foam square. My mama bird is adhered to the card with some liquid adhesive.

I stamped my sentiments, which are from the same stamp set, with Versafine Clair Nocturne ink. I hope you liked the card. Thanks for stopping by. Head over to BYSH Cardmakers Spring into Christmas Linky Party  and link up your project.

5 comments: