Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Kat Scrappiness Influencer Challenge - Anything but a Card

 


The Kat Scrappiness Influencers were given a challenge to use our Kat Scrappiness products to make anything but a card. My first thought was a tag but that seemed a bit obvious, but then I had the idea to make a banner with those tags so that is what I did.  I started with the largest of the Stitched Scalloped Nesting Tags die. This die set is currently on sale over at Kat Scrappiness.

I die cut 3 tags using paper from the Farmhouse 6" X 6" paper pad. I then used the Tropical Island Getaway Craft Die Set  to cut 2 palm trees, 3 islands, and 3 sets of the coconuts, and 1 sun. Instead of using the sun as a sun, I instead made it a beach ball. After I colored it, I covered it with Glossy Accents so it had that shiny look of a beach ball.

I cut my Islands out of some pattern paper from the Friends Under the Sea 6" X 6" paper pad. I also fussy cut a piece of the wave pattern paper to put behind my island on my yellow tag.

For my Islands I used one of the 1/2" Stencil and Ink Firm Blending Brushes to blend on some Distress Oxide Ink in Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. I then added some splatter with the Vintage Photo Distress Oxide ink as well as Gold Pearl Powder and Bronze Pearl Powder.

I then inked the trunks of the trees and the palm fronds using the  1/2" Stencil and Ink Firm Blending Brushes. Once finished with the ink blending, it was time to put my banner together. I adhered everything to my tags flat to the tags. I then stamped some sentiments from the Farmhouse Sentiment Stamp Set onto my yellow tag in black Versafine Clair Nocturne ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder after treating my paper with an anti-static powder tool. To finish my banner, I adhered my Tags to my twine with some purple small clothes pins from my stash.






 Check out the other projects on Instagram.

 @canterburycarddesigns

@paperfibercrafts

No comments:

Post a Comment