Saturday, July 3, 2010

Independence Day

Here is a card I made for in honor of the 4th of July. The card is 4 1/2" X 6" white card base. Each layer was cut 1/4" smaller then the previous layer. The patterned paper is from the DCWV Summer Dreams paper stack and reminded me of fireworks. The stars are from the Home Decor cartridge. The single stars are from the same cut I used my Gypsy and the hide contour feature to hide the larger stars and just cut the single smaller one. The word Celebrate is from the Wild Card cartridge. Again I used my Gypsy to create a small shadow for the phrase. I spritzed everything with Pearl glimmer mist. I did learn a lesson here and that is the glimmer mist spray settles into the crevices of the texture paper. The texture on this paper seems a little more pronounced and the glimmer mist really settled. I got the shimmer I wanted but not as happy with the frosted look it ended up with. Overall I am pleased with the card.  I do hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th celebration tomorrow! Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

  1. cute card! Where did you find the Pearl glimmer mist? Michaels? or maybe Joanns?

    :)
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I didn't realize the stars where on Home Decor. TFS! It's beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Candy, I ordered the Glimmer Mist from Cutter's Creek an online store. I haven't found it locally yet. I have seen a couple of similar items at Craft Warehouse and and local LSS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN! FUN! FUN! and so very festive love the glimer thanks for playing along with CCC ;) Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 4th of July. It's truly a day to celebrate. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stars!! I have to find some of that glitter mist. I love the effect!
    Thanks for playing along at Fantabulous Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute love the glimmer mist! good luck with the FCCB entry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you just love Glimmer Mist???

    Very cute card!

    Thanks for playing the Fantabulous Cricut Challenage #16!

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card! I love the way you used your Gypsy to get different looks from your cartridges. Thanks for taking the challenge @ FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a festive card, cute!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB:)

    ReplyDelete