Saturday, December 17, 2011

Merry Christmas Poinsetta Card


I made a card this afternoon with the Spellbinder Poinsettia Die. Love the die. I decided instead of doing a traditional red Poinsettia I wanted to do a white one inked lightly in pink. I started with a piece of white card stock cut and scored to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base. The patterned paper is from My Minds Eye and I opted to use both sides of the paper for my mats. I cut the green mat at 4" X 5 1/4" and the red poinsettia mat at 3 3/4" X 5".  I cut and embossed the flower with my Cuttlebug and the No More Shims mat as well as the Cuttlebug mats. Before removing the cuts from the dies I lightly inked the embossed areas with some Spun Sugar distress ink. I also inked the flower tips once I removed them from the die. After allowing the ink to dry a bit a lightly sprayed the flower layers with some Tattered Rose glimmer mist. Sure made them sparkle. Once it was dry and adhered the flower layers together and added a yellow pearl for the center. I adhered the leaf to the flower and attached everything with some foam tape to my card base. I am not happy with how the sentiment came out. I decided to emboss the sentiment and used some Versamark to stamp the sentiment and some Satin Pearl Transparent embossing powder but it ended up a looking a bit gray but otherwise I love the card. the sentiment actually looks a bit better in the light in person.

2 comments:

  1. WOW Deanna!! This is beautiful!! I so love your poinsettia and that bg paper! Awesomeness for sure!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete