Saturday, June 5, 2021

Let's Craft and Create June Challenge #172 AG option Add Buttons

 

It is time for a new challenge over at Let's Craft an Create. The June Challenge is Anything Goes (AG) option to add buttons. With Father's Day coming up I thought it would be fun to do a shaped card.

First I found my image in Cricut Access. I inserted the image into Design Space and using the new offset feature created an offset for my shirt. I then duplicated the offset and flipped one vertically. I then aligned the neck are so they were slightly overlapping and then welded them together to create my card base. I added a score line where the two images welded together. I then resized my image so it would fit in an A2 envelope.

Next I changed the colors of my shirt layers. I then selected all my shirt layers and resized them to fit on my card base leaving a small white border all around the edge. I also used the Contour feature to hid the buttons on the shirt. I wanted to use these tiny white buttons I had in my stash.

I then went looking for a sentiment and found this one. It had a couple of layers to the original image.It also had some fancy scroll work across the top. I hid the back layer and used the slice feature to cut off the scroll work which I didn't want. I changed the text to white and the banner to a dark blue then flattened it to make it a print then cut image.

Finally I let my Cricut Maker score, print and cut all my layers. I assembled all the layers of the shirt with liquid adhesive and attached it to my card base with more liquid adhesive. I then attached the little buttons to the front of my shirt with little drops of liquid adhesive. I used a small strip of foam tape in the center of the sentiment banner and some liquid adhesive on the banner ends to attach the sentiment banner to my card.

Now it is your turn. Head on over to Let's Craft and Create and add your project.  Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you come back again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sooooooooo cute!!! Oh my so cute!!! As always, I love all of your details.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete