Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Give Thanks Quokka Style

 


Today I have for you a card I made using products from Kat Scrappiness. I used the adorable Dress Up Quokkas stamp set and the Thanksgiving Costume Add On stamp set. I thought these little pilgrim costumes were so cute.  

For my card I started with some heavyweight white cardstock cut, scored and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base. I cut a dark brown mat at 4" X 5 1/4".  I  cut the orange gingham paper at 3 3/4" X 2 3/4". The blue pattern paper was cut at 3 3/4" X  3 1/4". I adhered the orange paper down to my brown mat with some liquid adhesive. I then adhered the blue pattern paper to the brown mat also with liquid adhesive overlapping the orange paper just a little. The white with the brown polka dotted paper was just a scrap I had sitting on my table.  I cut it to 3 3/4" and adhered it over the seam with liquid adhesive.

Next I stamped my images onto some alcohol friendly white cardstock using some alcohol safe black ink. I colored my images using my Arteza Everblend Markers. Once I had my images colored I used the coordinating dies for the Quokkas and the Thanksgiving Costumes to cut out all my images.

Now the fun part, adhering everything to the card front. Once I had my images adhered it was time for a sentiment and embellishments. I stamped my sentiment in some gingerbread ink die cut the word thanks with its matching die. To die cut the word give I used the smallest rectangle from the Mini Slimline Never Ending Dies. I just ran it through my die cutting machine twice so I could cut it to the size I wanted.  (These dies are on sale today you can save 25% off).  To embellish my card I used two gorgeous embellishment sets from Kat Scrappiness, the Shimmering Fallen Leaves Sequin Mix and the Shimmering Autumn Sequin Mix. (Both of these are also currently on sale). I wanted my little Quokkas to have a shiny nose so I added some Nuvo Crystal Glaze to them. Finally I added a little bit of Stardust Stickles to my leaves and acorns.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you will pop over to the Kat Scrappiness store and check out all the products I used for my card today. While you are there be sure to check out the new release and all the great products on sale.

2 comments:

  1. Cute card! I came by to comment on your card entry at Crafting Happiness Challenge, but it linked to your general blog, and not the card. So I'm commenting here. Thank you so much for linking up at my challenge blog, Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    Janis - Pause Dream Enjoy
    *Owner* Crafting Happiness Challenges
    *DT* Let’s Craft & Create

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great cuteness!!!! I love all of your details and explanation!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete