Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Kat Scrappiness Winter Essentials Dies 2 cards


 Hope you visit the Kat Scrappiness store and check out our new Valentine's Day release.



Today I'm featuring the Essential Winter Dies in two projects. Both my cards are great Masculine cards. I made mine birthday cards.


My first card uses both the snowy coverplate die as well as the other dies in the set.  My card is a standard A2 card. 

I started with a piece of Bristol Smooth Cardstock that I ran through my die cutting machine with the snowy coverplate die. I wanted a night sky, so I did some ink blending with some distress oxide inks. I used Prize Ribbon, Chipped Sapphire, Uncharted Mariner and Black Soot.  I then added splatters to my card with the White Gold and White Silver pearl powders.  They added a nice shimmer to my sky. I also added some splatter with some white acrylic paint. 

My favorite tool to use with these pearl powders is the Kat Scrappiness Embellishment Spoon. It fits perfectly into the jars and makes it easy to take out just a little bit. I think everyone should have at least one in their craft room. 

I die cut my snowbanks from some watercolor cardstock. I covered both my snowbanks with some of Kat Scrappiness 3D Snow Effects Gel using a spatula. It gave my snowbanks a lot of great texture and a snowy shimmer. I then die cut the trees from some green cardstock and added splatter to them as well. I also added some white acrylic paint to some of the branches as well. I die cut my deer put of black cardstock.

I adhered the larger snowbank down flat on my card panel. I adhered the front snowbank with some foam tape. I tucked my trees behind the front snowbank using thin foam tape. My deer was added to the right side of the front snowbank with some liquid adhesive on the lower portion of his body and a small black foam square under his head. My sentiment is from the Simple Sentiments Stamp set and cut with the Universal Die.


My second project uses the Deer and Snowbanks from the same Essential Winter Dies. I again used some Bristol cardstock for my card panel. I used the Kat Scrappiness Scene Builders Stencil to create my sky with some Salvage Patina Distress Oxide ink and a blending brush. My hills were cut from green cardstock. I inked the top edge of both hills with some Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide ink.

I then stamped the windmill from the Kat Scrappiness Farmhouse Stamp Set onto some white cardstock and colored it with my alcohol markers. I then cut it out with the matching Farmhouse Dies.  

I adhered everything flat to my card. The sentiment is from the same sentiment set.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you will be back soon. As always feel free to leave me a comment. I enjoy reading them.

No comments:

Post a Comment