Monday, August 30, 2021

Masculine Birthday Card

 


I don't know about you but I always find creating masculine cards a bit of a challenge. I had to make a birthday card last week for my step dad so I thought I would share with you all.

To create my card I started with some heavy weight white card stock that was cut, scored, and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base.

Next I took some tan colored cardstock cut to 4" X 5 1/4" and stamped it using the Honeybee Stamps 6" X 6" Barn Wood Background stamp using some Walnut Stain Distress Oxide ink. After I stamped it I took a blending brush and using the Walnut Stain Distress Oxide ink lightly went over the entire panel. I then lightly misted the panel to create some texture and distressing. I then used some liquid glue to adhere this panel to my card base.

My image is from Cricut Access. I resized my image so it was about 2 1/2" tall then flattened it so I could do a print then cut with the image. Once it was cut out I added some foam tape to the back of the image and adhered it to the lower right hand corner of my card front.

To finish the card I used a Memory Box Happy Birthday die from my stash. I cut the Happy Birthday out of some dark brown cardstock. I used liquid adhesive to adhere it to the top center of my card. I then stamped two secondary sentiments onto more of the dark brown cardstock using Versamark ink. I heat embossed these two sentiments using some Simon Says Stamp Cream embossing powder. I used a sentiment strip die to cut them out. These little sentiments are from the My Favorite Things Itty Bitty Birthday sentiment stamp set.

I am so glad you stopped by for a visit today. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you stopped by. I hope everyone has a great week.

1 comment:

  1. Masculine cards can be difficult, yet you nailed a great one!!! As always, thank you for your outstanding "put together" teaching.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete