Sunday, September 5, 2021

Let's Craft and Create Challenge #175 AG Option Lots of Layers

 



It is hard to believe we are into the month of September, but we are. It also means it is time for a new challenge at Let's Craft and Create. The challenge this month is Anything Goes with the option of Lots of Layers.  Today I have a fall card for you.

For this card I started with some Simon Says Stamp Burnt Orange cardstock that I cut, scored and folded to make a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card base. Next I pulled out some pattern paper from the Echo Park Fall 6" X 6" paper pad.

Using the MFT A2 Double Stitched Rectangle STAX Dies I cut the orange gingham with the largest die. I then cut some of the burnt orange paper with the next smaller die. Finally I cut the leaf pattern paper with the third smaller die. I adhered the orange gingham pattern paper to my card base using liquid adhesive. I then adhered the leaf pattern paper to the burnt orange cardstock using liquid adhesive. I adhered this layer to my card base using some foam tape to pop it up.

Now comes the fun part. I took a piece of Canson XL Watercolor paper and cut it in forth so I had a manageable size to work with. I grabbed a box and put my paper in it. I then sprayed it with some Distress Oxide sprays. I used Wild Honey, Festive Berries, Crackling Campfire, and Ripe Persimmon. This was the first time I used these and I was amazed how much they dried back and lightened, especially when I sprayed them with water. I did do several layers then dried it. Next I pulled out the new Tim Holtz Ranger Mica Stains. I sprayed my paper with the Jack O Lantern and Flickering Candle. I then dried the paper again with my heat tool. The sparkle is amazing in real life. It was hard to catch on camera.

Next I took most of the leaf dies from the Tim Holtz Fall Foilage Thinlit Dies and cut the leaves from the background I made. To make the leaves stand out a bit more I took some Fossilized Amber, Barn Door, and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide inks and a small blending brush and went around some of the edges of the leaves and also added a bit of color to the middle of some of them.

I then added some small pieces of foam tape to the back of my leaves. I arranged them in the center of my leaf pattern paper adhering them as I went.

For my sentiment I used the Honeybee Stamps Fall Honeycuts die to cut out my word Fall. I cut the top layer from some red pattern paper from the Echo Park Fall 6"X6" paper pad. I cut the shadow from vellum. I adhered the sentiment together with liquid adhesive. 

I adhered the word Fall to the center of my leaves with some liquid adhesive.  I then stamped the word slendor on a scrap of the burnt orange cardstock using some Versamark watermark  ink. I added some Antique Gold Simon Says Stamp Ultra Fine embossing powder. I melted that with my heat gun.  I then attached the sentiment strip with some foam tape and added it to my card under the word Fall.

To finish the card I added some Honeybee Stamps Celebration Confetti. I used some of the orange and gold Confetti. 

Now it's your turn. Pop on over to Let's Craft and Create and play along with us. It's a lot of fun. Hope to see you there.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!!!!!!! And I love the wax paper technique! Fun!!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, my mistake, I meant to say watercolor paper not wax paper :)))))))
      Judy

      Delete